Friday, August 1, 2008

Chile Journal Entry 1


July 14, 2008 - On a plane to Santiago

Well, we're finally out of America and on our way, and so far we've been blessed with great travel, good company, and no airport troubles!

I continue to be amazed at the blessings that God has given to me. I'll never understand why God chose to use me with these students and this church, and I continue to be humbled at His goodness in spite of my sin and inadequacy.

I can't wait to be on the ground, see Cliff and his family, and set eyes on this city I've been praying for for so long! I am excited, but also a little scared and apprehensive, too. God, will you really call me and my family to a place like this? Is it arrogance to think that You'd ever desire to let me serve You as a missionary? I can't even control my own life, so who am I to think that You'd use me to reach those that I cannot even speak to at this point?

God, my desire is to trust you, let you purify my life, and go wherever you send me and my amazing family. I'll just pray that I'll have the strength of faith and character to leave everything behind and follow You when You call me. . .

No comments :

}, 10);