Sunday, November 30, 2008

Solas

I've decided to devote the next few blogs that I write to my thoughts on the 5 solas of the Reformation. Now, I'm not a church historian in any way, nor am I much of a scholar on the Reformation. So, I'll be sharing my thoughts with you on each sola, one at a time, sharing MY thoughts on what this sola looks like in my life, and what it should look like in the life of every believer.

For those of you that don't know, the solas are 5 positions that the Reformers taught as clear contradiction of what the Roman Catholic church believed. The solas (which means "alone" or "only") teach us this about Christianity: We believe in the authority of Scripture alone (sola Scriptura) that teaches we are saved by grace alone (Sola gratia) through faith alone (Sola fide) in Christ alone (Solus Christus) for the glory of God alone (Soli Deo gloria).

This week, I'll be writing a few short blogs about the first, and foundational sola: Sola Scriptura. I'd love to hear your thoughts about the Word of God as I write!

No comments :

}, 10);